BREASTMILK!! Haha, did that get your attention?
Breastmilk storage isn't sexy, but it's important. Your life giving and carefully expressed milk needs to be stored safely and effectively.
Available as a 3 pack, these BPA free bottles from Unimom will catch your freshly expressed breast milk, enabling you to seal and store with no fuss.
- That these bottles are freezer and hot temperature safe, so that you can freeze your milk to keep it for longer, or can heat them up in hot water to just the right temparature.
- The bottles are BPA free, Phalate free and Lead free. This is important for your peace of mind.
- That these bottles are strong and long lasting - a worthwhile investment.
- That the bottles are made from high quality polypropylene plastic which will retain the beneficial properties of your breast milk for the longest duration possible.
- Can be washed, steralised, and re-used.
- Each bottle can hold 150ml of milk and has a specially designed sealing disk to stop leakage, making them ideal for transporting milk.
- Note that Unimom do not have teats but any standard narrow neck teat will fit their bottles.
How long can you keep your breastmilk?
- The Ministry of Health provides guidelines which you can follow to ensure you are storing breastmilk correctly and for the right amount of time. Ask your midwife or Plunket nurse for the most up-to-date guidelines.
- We also find this website very useful: Kelly Mom Guidelines for Storing Milk
How do these bottles compare, price-wise, with other milk storage bottles?
- Per bottle, these bottles are less than $4.20. We've seen other milk storage bottles marketed for $13 each! How's that for value?
What do other mums think?
Other mums highly rate these storage bottles. These reviews are sourced from Express the Best (the NZ distributor for Unimom):
7 May 2014 Yvonne rated the storage bottles as 5 stars and said "These bottles are a good size and at a good price for BPA free bottles. They also fit not only the Unimom pump but also Medela - at a fraction of the cost of medela bottles."
20 October 2013 Maricar gave a 5 star rating and said "Great for storing expressed milk at a cheap price. Also a great fit to the Unimom pump I bought together with it. Every mom should have one. Highly recommended."
Given how much time and effort goes into making breastmilk, we think you owe it to yourself and your baby to ensure you are storing it safely and effectively. The Unimom storage bottles give you the confidence of knowing your milk is stored safely.