Sharing is caring
We are so happy to announce that we now hire car seats! That's right, you can hire a select range of infant and toddler car seats from Baby Box!
Why hire baby products?
A lot of our local parents and grandparents told us that they'd love to hire products, especially those that may only be needed for a short period. There are a number of really good reasons to hire products. You might hire to:
- Try before you buy,
- Accommodate visitors,
- Meet a short term need,
- Minimise your expenses, or
- Reduce your environmental impact.
When you hire from Baby Box, you will become part of our community of local parents and grandparents. We'll offer extra support during the term of your hire, and in exchange, we ask that you look after our products so that we can pass them on to others in our community to use.
How does it work?
As parents, we found it annoying that other places offered hires through a "call us and we'll see if it's available" system. Our online booking system minimises the steps you need to go through to hire a product. You can check the dates you'd like, and check the total cost, before making a decision. Simply:
- Select the length of time you would like to hire the product for (options range from 1 month through to 12 months).
- Select your preferred pick up date.
- If the product is available, you will be able to pay the hire fee online to secure your booking.
- Visit us at 18 Ihakara Street, Paraparaumu, to complete the process. We will ask you to fill in a contact form and sign that you've read our Ts & Cs. We will also ask you to pay a refundable bond.
- Once you have completed what you need to, we will give you the hire product. If it's a car seat, we will help you install it into your vehicle.
What can you hire + how much does it cost?
Click on any of the pictures here, to arrange a hire or view our pricing and availability. Hires will be on a monthly basis, with discounts for longer hire periods.
How can you have confidence in our hire products?
One thing that puts people off hiring products, especially car seats, is not knowing whether it was in an accident or otherwise abused during the course of a prior hire. For your peace of mind:
- We offer a free exchange if a rental car seat is involved in an accident and is therefore no longer safe for use.
- Our blanket policy is that we do not and will not re-rent damaged items.
- All car seats are investigated by a Child Restraint Technician for any signs of damage before being approved as rentals.
- All products are investigated for any damage before being approved for continued use as rentals.
- We arrange for all products to be thoroughly cleaned before they are rented again.
- Every rental item has a "maximum use". When we reach the magic number, we may sell it as an "ex rental" at a heavily discounted price or dispose of it completely.
What if we don't have what you need?
We've made the decision to focus our hires on car seats initially because car seats are what we do best.
For your other needs we recommend another local company, Just Bring Baby. Just Bring Baby carry products for short term rent, like cots, bassinets, safety gates, small bikes & all terrain buggies that allow you to enjoy yourself while visiting Paraparaumu.
Our Hire Terms and Conditions
Click the picture below to read our full terms and conditions...