Unimom Breast Milk Storage Bags – Standard
This variant is currently sold out
Are you confident that your expressed breastmilk is stored safely? You will be if you use the Unimom breast milk storage bags.
These self standing, leak proof, freezer safe bags are designed to take up less space and make storing and transporting breast milk easy and efficient.
Durable, quality bags that will ensure you can store your precious milk for the longest duration possible while preserving all the great nutrients that you provide for your baby.
Mums love that these bags are:
- BPA Free. Some research has indicated BPA can seep into food or beverages from containers made with BPA. Exposure to BPA can have negative health impacts on the brain, behaviour and prostate gland. Having storage bags which are BPA free provides reassurance as you know your milk is safe.
- Pre-sterilised, so your breastmilk stays fresh.
- Anti-leak, due to the double zip lock seals and double layer to the bag.
- Self standing, minimising leaks in the freezer and making it easier to express into the bag or pour from a breastpump into them.
- Freezer safe, so you can store more milk for longer.
- Dishwasher safe, so you can wash and steralise them to use again (good for the environment and your wallet).
- Available as a 30 pack or a 60 pack.
- Each bag can store up to 7oz / 210ml. We recommend storing milk from expression sessions in separate bags, and not storing too much in one bag as once thawed it cannot be frozen again.
How long can you keep your breastmilk?
- The Ministry of Health provides guidelines which you can follow to ensure you are storing breastmilk correctly and for the right amount of time. Ask your midwife or Plunket nurse for the most up-to-date guidelines.
- We also find this website very useful: Kelly Mom Guidelines for Storing Milk
How do these bags compare, price-wise, with other milk storage bags?
- Per bag, the Unimom breastmilk storage bags are less than 40 cents each. Other trusted brands of breastmilk storage bags cost over 1 dollar a bag.
Given how much time and effort goes into making breastmilk, we think you owe it to yourself and your baby to ensure you are storing it safely and effectively. The Unimom storage bags give you the confidence of knowing your milk is stored safely.