At the Auckland Baby Show this weekend, Edwards & Co revealed their newest stroller: The Oscar Mx. It is a beautiful redesign of the Oscar, and we were abuzz about it in our shop - and our staff have some strong opinions! The Mx won't hit stores until late October / early November, but for now we'll share our thoughts to help you decide whether to wait for the Mx (or pre-order it) or to go for an Oscar G3.
Introducing the Edwards & Co Oscar Mx Stroller
Julie is so confident this is her new favourite stroller. Her favourite features:
- How easy it is to lift up the seat and adjust it up and down - especially for grandparents!
- The leatherette handlebars and style of this stroller.
- The smoother fold / unfold.
- The larger canopy, keeping baby protected from the elements.
- The increased storage basket.
- Not having to pump up the tyres - ever!
A recap on the Edwards & Co Oscar G3 Stroller
Erin feels that the Oscar G3 still is a competitive offering. She pointed out that:
- The Oscar G3 is cheaper - especially when you account for accessories.
- The recline lies flat, and there's no need to add in a newborn insert or carrycot if you have a newborn in there.
- The wheels are bigger, and being air-filled will be better outdoors as they help absorb and accomodate for the unevenness of the terrain.
- Larger wheels will be better for those who take their stroller jogging.
A complete point by point breakdown of the Edwards & Co Mx Stroller and the Edwards & Co Oscar G3:
Here's a guide Edwards & Co have put together that outlines the key similarities and differences in these strollers:
Let us know what you think - is there a clear winner for you?