The Metro Cot has clean lines for modern nurseries. Sturdily constructed, this cot is one of the strongest and safest you can buy. It's also finished beautifully.
Parents love that:
- The Touchwood cots are sturdily constructed - this cot is one of the strongest and safest you can buy. Touchwood take safety seriously, and were inspired by their desire to create a safe sleep space for their own child.
- It's also finished beautifully.
- It's been tested and approved to meet and exceed the Australian/New Zealand Safety Standards AS/NZS 2172.
- You will get your money's worth from this cot, as it can be transformed from a bassinet, to a deep safe cot, to a child's first bed and finally into a 2-seater sofa.
- It comes with a 5 year manufacturer's guarantee for your peace of mind.
- There are a number of add-ons available, like a cot drawer or a bassinet insert.
- A double drop side makes it easy to place your child in and out of the cot safely.
- How comfortable their bed is.
- Being safe and secure.
- Safety 4-in-1 Cot.
- Tested and approved to meet and exceed the Australian/New Zealand Safety Standards AS/NZS 2172.
- Manufactured and hand crafted exclusively from sustainable renewable New Zealand pine timber.
- Two-handed drop-side mechanism makes it impossible for a child to lower from inside or outside the cot.
- No plastic or breakable parts are used.
- 5 Year Manufacturer's Guarantee against faulty materials and workmanship.
Optional Add Ons:
- Optional Cot Drawer (sold separately)
- Top Selling Luxus Cot Mattress (sold separately)
- 1380mm (L)
- 785mm (W)
How can you tell a cot is a good cot?
- It will have a current sticker, showing that it complies with current safety standards
- The mattress base will have a good number of slats and a centre support beam
- A double bolting system in each corner of the cot keeps it stable
- Vertical bars individually dowelled for added strength
- If it has a drop-side, it can't be easily moved by a child shaking on the inside or pulling from the outside
Why choose a Touchwood?
Two reasons: Safety + Craftmanship
Touchwood was originally founded in 1988 when 2 soon-to-be dads and furniture-makers found there were no well-designed, well-built nursery cots in New Zealand at the time. Thankfully for Kiwi parents, they solved that problem with classic ingenuity.
One of the first companies to have their cots fully tested for compliance with NZ and Australian standards, Touchwood put safety at the centre of their design and quality control processes.
- Please call us on 04 298 6404 to confirm your colour is available in store as we carry limited numbers. If it isn't, we will source your preferred colour for you and let you know how this impacts expected delivery timeframes.
- Shipping is $50 although rural surcharges may apply. Specialist furniture carriers are used.