Lactation cookies? Oh yum! We think all mums deserve a treat, and it's even better when that treat is nutritious and boosting milk supply!
The Lactation Station Lactation Cookies
What mums love about the Lactation Station lactation cookies:
- The flavour options. So good! Perfectly thought out flavour combos.
- Great for a midnight snack, or morning or afternoon tea.
- Keeps your energy high, which you need to perform at your best.
- That The Lactation Station is a New Zealand brand, run by a mum! Because we all know mums get stuff done. Plus Renee's instagram is on point with entertaining stories almost daily.
Why everyone else likes the Lactation Station lactation cookies:
- The taste. But you know what, these are MUM'S COOKIES. They may make you make breast milk, so you better not eat them ;)
Comes in a pack of 12.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do The Lactation Station cookies actually help increase milk supply?
Here's what Renee from The Lactation Station says:
"Well, firstly, I don’t think I would have a business if they didn’t. However, I do understand people’s scepticism. There has been a lot of studies done on Galactagogues but never had there been any clinical studies done on mothers and their milk supply when eating the specific ingredients that we use at The Lactation Station. The concept of using natural ingredients to increase a mother’s milk supply has been around for generations but it has not been until recent years that it has become commercialized so there is a lot of people out there that do understandably question our methods. Over the years, I have sold thousands of cookies to women around New Zealand and Australia and have hundreds of reviews from those who I have helped to increase their milk supply. I have helped women who were having to use formula top up because of their low supply, to increase their supply to the point that they no longer needed formula. Women who have been ill and their supply has dropped as a result. Then they have a few cookies over the next couple of days and the supply is back to normal. I have even had women who swear by the cookies for the babies who are struggling to gain weight. Their milk became fattier after eating the cookies, therefore, their babies are getting fattier milk helping them to gain weight. Although I personally believe that my products do work, I never mislead women when I am discussing the option of trying our products to help them. I always disclose the fact that every mother is different, and it may not work for everyone. However, what is the harm in trying? It’s just a delicious cookie after all."
And here's what other mums say:
Emma: "Took these in my hospital bag and enjoyed a guilt free snack in between feeds. I’m 3 weeks postnatal now and these have definitely helped with my milk supply. Thank you for a great product! :)"
Jevon: "These cookies are amazing. I’d eat them even if I wasn’t breastfeeding. I have to hide these from my husband. I’m a chocolate girl but I’ve tried most the flavors from samples and OH MY LORDY they are just devine x"
Caro: "Just got my first pack yesterday... 3 cookies eaten in the car before I even got home !! Whoops! Delicious , have tried others but these are definitely the best !!"
Julie: "Got my order of cookies yesterday. They taste great and I had 2 this morning whilst breastfeeding and pumped 90mls off just one side this arvo. Other days I’ve tried to pump in the arvo and I was lucky enough to get maybe a total of 40mls after both sides."
(All reviews from The Lactation Station's website or Facebook page).
What are the ingredients contained in The Lactation Station breastfeeding cookies?
- Dark Chocolate: WHEAT flour, Oats, Butter (CREAM, salt), Dark Chocolate (Sugar, cocoa mass, Emulsifiers (SOY Lecithin, 476), Flavour), Sugar, Brown Sugar, EGG, Flaxmeal, Brewer’s Yeast, Raising agent (500), Natural Flavour. CONTAINS Dairy and Soy products, Gluten-Containing Cereal Products. Made with machinery that handles Peanuts.
- White Chocolate: WHEAT flour, Oats, Butter (CREAM, salt), White Chocolate (Sugar, cocoa mass, Emulsifiers (SOY Lecithin, 476), Flavour), Sugar, Brown Sugar, EGG, Flaxmeal, Brewer’s Yeast, Raising agent (500), Natural Flavour. CONTAINS Dairy and Soy products, Gluten-Containing Cereal Products. Made with machinery that handles Peanuts.
- Coconut Cranberry DAIRYFREE: WHEAT flour, Oats, Coconut Oil, Cranberries, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Coconut, EGG, Flaxmeal, Brewer’s Yeast, Raising agent (500), Natural Flavour. CONTAINS Gluten-Containing Cereal Products. Made with machinery that handles Peanuts & Dairy.
- Peanut Butter: WHEAT flour, Oats, Butter (CREAM, salt), PEANUTS, Dark Chocolate (Sugar, cocoa mass, Emulsifiers (SOY Lecithin, 476), Flavour), Sugar, Brown Sugar, EGG, Flaxmeal, Brewer’s Yeast, Raising agent (500), Natural Flavour. CONTAINS Dairy and Soy products, Gluten-Containing Cereal Products and PEANUTS.
- Salted Caramel: Wheat Flour, Oats, Butter (cream, salt), Brown sugar, Sugar, Caramel Flavoured Chocolate Compound (9%) (sugar, vegetable oil, milk powder, (Emulsifier (492), soy lecithin, 102, 122, 133), Egg, Water, Brewer Yeast, Linseed, Salt, Raising Agent (450, 500), Natural Flavour. CONTAINS Gluten, Egg, Milk, and Soy. May contain Peanuts, Tree nuts and Sesame.
When do The Lactation Station cookies expire?
The Lactation Station cookies have a shelf life of 8 months from the baking date. We constantly order fresh products from The Lactation Station each month.
We recommend to those who are ordering cookies for your hospital bag to wait till your last trimester to order the cookies. Otherwise you will eat them when pregnant. Not the worst thing ever, but still.
Additionally, this way we can assure you are getting a fresh batch of cookies with plenty of time before the best before date on the packet.
Do you have a shop I can go to (or send my partner to), to buy The Lactation Station cookies?
Yes we do - you can find us at 1B Kapiti Road, Paraparaumu. We recommend sending us a quick message before popping down as our store is open by appointment. We're usually around & fairly flexible though, as we fulfil all our online orders from the same address.
How many lactation cookies should I eat per day to increase my milk supply? And how long does it take for lactation cookies to work?
Renee from The Lactation Station recommends eating 4+ a day for the first 2 days then adjust to suit. According to Renee, most women notice results in 24-48 hours although of course results differ from woman to woman.
I do not have issues with my milk supply - can I still eat lactation cookies?
Yes! They are yummy and will help you keep your energy up.
Can I eat lactation cookies when pregnant?
Yes, you can. The Lactation Station products are safe to consume during pregnancy. However, our Boobie Brew does contain Raspberry leaf, therefore, consuming the tea is not recommended until 32 weeks.
Trust your body - If you had issues with supply on earlier pregnancies, Renee from the Lactation Station recommends that you start eating the cookies from 2 weeks' prior to the due date, alongside a healthy and balanced diet.