One of the most wasteful plastic products out there is the single use plastic straw. Try these amazing straws from Haakaa, made from stainless steel, and feel better about your choices.
People like you love:
- Knowing these straws are made from 100% food grade stainless steel, from a New Zealand company you can trust.
- Each set of straws comes in a beautiful organic linen carry bag and with a free cleaning brush. A perfect gift.
- The various sizes suit adults and children, smoothies or cocktails.
- These straws are dishwasher safe and the cleaning brush makes it easy to clean and reuse them.
- Stainless steel will not shatter or break.
- Can be used over and over again.
Did you know?
Each day, humans produce and utilise 500,000,000 straws and where do you think these end up? In our oceans and landfill. In fact when ranking all plastic products, straws ranked the fifth most popular item behind bottle caps, wrappers, and cigarette butts - closely followed by plastic bags.
These unnecessary items end up floating on the top of our oceans and are picked up by our marine life - especially seals, turtles, dolphins and birds. Over 1,000,000 seabirds fall victim to plastic consumption annually, clogging their wind pipe and causing them to choke. Another scary fact is as these plastic products break up they are consumed by fish, which in turn we eat.
Caution: Children under 5 years to be supervised by an adult. This item is not a toy and can cause harm if left with small children unattended.