Close Pop-In Popper Nappy - Parrot
The Close Pop-in reusable nappy from Close Pop-in + bamboo now comes in this cute Parrot print with Popper closures. Great for toddlers who like to pull, or for babies that don't wear pants over the top of their nappy.
The gussetted legs work just like a disposable nappy for a snug fit around baby every time, and a soft waterproof shell lets baby's bottom breathe.
There is a clever absorbent panel in the outer shell which helps hold the wetness in the middle of the nappy to get extra dry time between changes.
Parents love that:
- One size fits all - which means you don't need to buy as many nappies. Adjust the poppers to get the perfect fit.
- Pop-in reusable nappies are from birth to potty, nappy grows with baby from 7 lbs or 3.18 kg through to 35lbs or 16kg
- The gusseting around legs helps your baby stay dry, and is as leak proof as the best disposable nappies.
- The soft bamboo keeps sensitive bottoms fresh, and there's no chemicals to worry about. However, you can also switch the inners for Minkee inserts, if you need the extra absorbency.
- The fun prints add a pop of personality and interest. These nappies are also available in prints and pastels, so you can build a unique collection over time.
Babies love that:
- These nappies are comfortable for their little bottoms.
- They have really fun colours and prints to enjoy.
We like bamboo for lots of reasons. We discovered that it is a luxuriously comfortable cloth that is antibacterial, antifungal, hypoallergenic and naturally breathable to keep babies happier for longer and that’s just the way it is naturally.
It’s natural structure means it is cool in the summer and warm in winter. We recommend bamboo for parents who are concerned about sensitive or allergy prone skin, or those who simply want an alternative to cotton or man-made fibres.
Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world, mainly because it has an extraordinary capacity to absorb water which helps it to grow faster. The end result is an excellent wicking fibre, which is 3-4 times more absorbent than cotton.
Bamboo is grown naturally, without industrialised farming. It is sustainable, and thrives without pesticides or fertilizers. It is 100% biodegradable, cuts like grass and re-shoots without being uprooted which means it can grow in places where other crops are simply not viable.
All things considered we think it is the perfect nappy material.
How much money can you save?
The average baby could use 6000 disposable nappies in 2.5 years.
We price-checked at Countdown Supermarket, May 2019.
Average costs were:
- Homebrand, 30 cents a nappy = $1,800
- Treasures, 56 cents a nappy = $3,360
- Huggies, 64 cents a nappy = $3,840
You only really need to buy 20 cloth nappies, and even calculating the cost of washing, it works out costing a lot less. (Not to mention the environmental cost.)
What support is out there?
At Baby Box we can teach you how to use your close pop-in nappies.
We also recommend the following websites:
- Kate Meads Waste Free Parenting - Cloth Nappies info.
- The Close Parent website - For info on Close Pop-in nappies, and trouble shooting.
We love colour co-ordinating our Pop-in soakers and boosters with their outer shells, but please be aware that many factors can affect the colours of the inserts once in use, including detergents and of course the content of the nappies, variable as they are. We therefore cannot guarantee that the colours will retain their integrity and in some circumstances may become stained or lose their colour. Please be assured that this does not affect the functionality of the product in any way so we cannot indemnify against this and it is not covered by the warranty. Please wash dark colours separately.
Need to see it in action?
This video is very good at describing how close pop-in nappies work. Just note that the demo nappy is not the version 2 that we sell - the version 2 goes from newborn and has laundry tabs included.
Please note, this is a new gen V2 nappy and is not compatible with previous versions of the Pop-in.