As parents, we like to thrash our stroller. After all, the whole point of buying a stroller is to get the family out and about. We want to go to the beach, hit up the parks, participate in the Sports Wellington buggy walks, and maybe even start jogging again.
The all-terrain Indie is perfect for this. From pavement to trail, Indie adapts to whatever your family can throw at it. And it's soft and stylish cover is made out of recycled plastic bottles so it's eco-friendly too.
With a lightweight and easy-fold frame, 12" (30 cm) air filled tyres, fully adjustable backrest, footrest and handle, the Indie is well thought out from every angle.
- The bassinet setting for newborns.
- The upright setting with 5 point harness for added safety, for a bigger baby or toddler.
- That it's easy to fold and fit in the boot of the car.
- That the wheels move smoothly over different terrain, including sand and bark.
- That the front wheel is lockable, meaning you can go for a jog with your child and create that active lifestyle you want for your family.
- That it comes with all the extras - there's a parent pocket, and there's a tyre pump, all inclusive.
- That the basket fits a LOT of stuff, and it doesn't spill over.
- That the handle can adjust for mum or for dad - even when dad is super tall and mum is super short.
- The eco-friendly fabric and amazing colours mean the Indie is seriously stylish.
- That the Indie is the only stroller you'll need from birth through to toddlerhood.
- The great suspension, making for a smooth ride.
- The harness, which keeps them feeling secure.
- The ventilation, which keeps them comfortable.
- The view, with mesh window panels helping them see their favourite people.
- The UV sun shield, which extends down and helps them sleep by keeping them cool and shaded.
- The ability to rest back to almost absolutely flat or to sit up nice and tall.
- The slot for their drink bottle or bottle in the inside mesh.
- The amazing accessories like the footmuff for winter, or the scooter board for their big brother or sister.
- The fabric is 100% recycled polyester (rPET). This re-uses 28 post consumer water bottles per stroller, and provides an ultra-soft texture. Available in Dawn Grey, Maritime Blue, Tourmaline, Red Sand and Camp Green colors.
- An innovative solution dye process conserves approximately 25-40 gallons (94-151 litres) of water per stroller. Available in Silver Black color only.
- The stroller is PVC & phthalate free - instead of having a plastic view panel for example, the view panel is made out of mesh. There are no fire retardants. There is no polyurethane foam. Bumbleride fabrics are Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified to be free from harmful chemicals.
- The UPF/SPF 45+ sunshade canopy has a magnetic viewing window, pop-out extension, and removeable back panel, to keep your baby safe in the sun.
- An extra-long sunshade accessory is available too as an add-on product.
- The air-filled tires provide a smooth push, and you also receive a free pump with the stroller (other brands of strollers don't come with a pump which means you need to budget to buy the pump as an extra).
- Great suspension means a better ride for baby.
- An adjustable footrest converts the seat into infant mode. This means you don't have to purchase a carry-cot (although you can if this is your preference).
- A single-lever recline makes it easy to drop the seat down or sit it up.
- An airflow vented backrest means your little one has a ventilated space to sit or sleep.
- A lightweight welded aluminum frame can withstand different conditions.
- Three 12" (30 cm) air-filled tires can tackle most terrains.
- The polyester fabric has improved color fastness so it won't fade.
- A one-step gear assisted hinge fold and auto-lock standing fold makes it easy to travel with the Bumbleride Indie.
- You can purchase an additional carry-bag to make it easier to take Indie on long trips in the car, bus, or on a plane.
- The large basket holds more than other stroller brand storage baskets do, and includes a space for storing the pump (pump included).
- A parent wrist strap and lockable wheel make it safer to go for a jog (just make sure your baby is old enough to sit up-right if you intend to go jogging with baby).
- Reflective logos make it easier to spot your stroller in the dark.
- A secure foot brake is easy to use and helps keep the stroller safe and stationary.
- A 5-point breakaway harness is super secure, and keeps your child from accidentally slipping out.
- Weight: 24 lbs. (10.8 kgs.)
- Capacity: 55 lbs. (24.9 kgs.)
- Standing/Unfolded: 37"L x 24.5"W x 26.5"-45.5"H (94cm L x 62cm W x 67-116cm H)
- Folded: 32"L x 19"W x 11.5"H (81cm L x 48cm W x 29cm H)
- Folded: w/o rear wheels: 32"L x 19"W x 10.5"H (81cm L x 48cm W x 27cm H)
- Seat: 14.5"W x 9”L (37cm W x 23cm L)
- Backrest (seat to top of backrest): 19"L x 13"W (48cm L x 33cm W)
- Canopy (seat to top of canopy): 23"H (58cm H)
- Footwell: 14"L x 14"W (36cm L x 36cm W)
- Handle Height: 26.5"-45.5"H (67cm-116cm H)
- Shoulder width: 15"W (38cm W)
- Seat to knee: 9"L (23cm L)
- Knee to footwell: 11"L (28cm L)
- Width at knee: 15"L (38cm L)
- Upright fold height: 30" H (76cm H)
- 3 x 12" (30cm) air-filled tires (pump included)
- Foldable bumper bar
- Adjustable handle
- UPF/SPF 45+ sun canopy with pop out extension
- 5-point breakaway harness with shoulder pads
- Eco fabric made from 100% recycled plastic (rPET) and innovative dye process. Oeko-Tex and bluesign certfied
- Wrist strap
What else can you buy to add to it?
- Car Seat Adapters (specific to car seat models, see car seat compatibility list)
- Parent Pack
- Non-PVC Rain Cover
- Footmuff and Liner
- Snack Pack
- Bassinet carry cot
- Mini Board
How does the Indie compare on Price?
The Indie is very reasonably priced when you consider that this is a stroller that goes from birth all the way through, and that it is a stroller you can take off-road and go jogging with (due to the lockable front wheel).
We've done our research and we believe you'd be hard pressed to find a better stroller at this price point.
If your lifestyle is such that the Indie is the stroller for you, then you might also be looking at Mountain Buggy, Thule or Bugaboo. Check them out, and compare all the features (including the sunshade, full basket and pockets, and the included pump).
We're confident you'll find the Indie is the best choice price-wise for your active family.