We are proud to have qualified Child Restraint Technicians on hand to help ensure your car seat is installed correctly and you know how to use it properly.
This is a free service for customers who buy or hire car seats from us, however we also install car seats for a small $30 fee.
The most important thing you can do to keep your baby or young child safe in a car is ensure they use an age-appropriate restraint or car seat. Make no mistake, by simply using a car seat, you have already dramatically increased the likelihood your child will survive a serious accident.
If that restraint is also current, fits your child correctly, and is installed correctly, then your child is even safer. That's where we can assist, both in selecting the best restraint for your child and your car, and in ensuring you know how to install it and can drive away confident that your little one is as safe as possible.
When purchasing or hiring a car seat we recommend that you consider:
- Whether the car seat complies with current legislation and safety standards;
- The safety of your child, with rear facing recommended if possible;
- The comfort of your child, who will likely spend a lot of time in the seat;
- The make and model of the car seat, taking into account any expiry date and the length of time you wish to use the car seat for;
- Your car, and the configuration of your backseat (3 across is a common challenge, and some seats fit certain vehicles better); and
- Your confidence in installing the car seat, as well as the confidence of other drivers or carers in using the car seat correctly.
Come in store or check out our car seats online today for answers to your car seat questions.
Our registered Child Restraint Technician: Nat
A Kāpiti Plunket session on car seats was eye opening for Nat. As a mum of three, she had no idea just how important the details were with car seats. It freaked her out to think that her children may not have always been as safe as they could have been. Now an experienced CRT, with several year's experience, she’s keen to ensure that parents get the right advice at the right time, without judgement.