It's hard to consider going back to work after maternity leave. If you're still breastfeeding, the Unimom Allegro breast pump may make the transition a little more achieveable. The Allegro is versatile and portable, and great for part time expressing.
When it comes to the Unimom Allegro, mums love:
- The in-build rechargeable battery and electric motor - no more manual pumping!
- The pattern mimics baby's natural sucking, which allows for a faster let down due to the dual stage expression.
- Closed System with back flow protection protects the pump from milk going into the unit. A closed system is more hygienic than an open system, so you feel better about feeding your baby your expressed milk.
- It's portable and light weight and will fit in your handbag easily, allowing you to discreetly attend to your needs.
- You get up to 3 hours of rechargeable power from the in-built battery, or can connect to the mains using the AC power adapter (both the AC power adapter and battery are included).
- The seven level digital settings. This allows you to adjust the breast pump's vacuum/cycles and suction to YOU and your milk flow.
- All components that come into contact with breast milk are BPA Free, which means your baby's milk stays safe from potentially harmful plastic chemicals.
- Smart memory will remember your first pump and will automatically switch to your desired level next pump, after the let down phase.
- The ability to upgrade the Allegro to a double pump so you can half your time spent expressing.
- That if you also purchase a switch kit, you can use this as a manual pump (great for emergencies).
- Pair this with a breastfeeding bra or something like the Haakaa hands-free bra, and you'll have free hands too. Absolutely brilliant if you take calls or type during your pump sessions.
How much milk should you pump?
Breastfeeding is very, very different to formula feeding. We recommend using this calculator to answer the common question "am I making enough?"
How long does it take to charge, and how often can you use it?
- Charging time is approx 2 hrs 15 mins.
- The Allegro is designed for part time expressing only. That means up to 4 times per day. It will not endure full time use - ask about the Forte instead if that's what you're after.
What's in the box?
- The kit includes a cap, disk, bottle cover, bottle stand, air tube, breast shield (24 mm diameter), main body, AC adapter and connecter but teats are not included.
How does this pump compare on price?
Unimom cares about keeping their pumps affordable. You could spend hundreds more on an electric breastpump that performs just as well as a Unimom pump and comes with a quarter the support.
At Baby Box we also offer Laybuy, which means you can start back at work and spread payments out over the period where you know you'll have that extra money coming in.